Reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had an argument with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "I need help picking out my FRCC classes."
- "I need help with time management and organization skills."
- "Some kids in my science class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandfather is really sick and I'm scared he's going to die."
- "My mom just had a baby and she doesn't have time for me anymore."
- "We're moving again!"
- "My dad wants me to be an engineer like him, but I want to be a pilot."
- "I am not feeling safe and want to harm myself."
- "I overheard my friend saying that she wants to hurt others."
Reasons parents/guardians might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is John's third school this year, and he's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Carolyn may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sam used to be excited about school, but lately he doesn't seem to care."
- "My wife and I recently separated and our daughter could use some help understanding this."
- "My son seems to be the target of some teasing and bullying after school. Can you help?"
What is shared with the counselor stays confidential, UNLESS what is stated refers back to the 3H's:
1) Harm to self
2) Harm to others, including threats to buildings/entities
3) Harm is being (or has been done) to you or someone you know, in which someone is at risk
Safe 2 Tell - 877-542-7233
Home Safe - 720-972-SAFE (7233)
- In the event of an evacuation and a student walks or drives home, they can call in and let us know they are safe.
Colorado Crisis Support - 844-493-TALK (8255)
- Available 24/7/365 for behavioral health crisis access.
Thornton Police Emergency = 911
Nonemergency = 720-977-5150
Thornton Fire Emergency = 911
Nonemergency = 303-538-7602