In the month of October, we are focusing on the empowering theme of 'Using Your Voice' in our school community. As a community, we play a crucial role in helping our students navigate the challenges they may face at school, including bullying. This month, we encourage you to engage in open conversations with your students about the importance of using their voices to stand up against bullying. By teaching them to speak up, report incidents, and support their peers, we can create a safe and inclusive environment where every child feels heard and valued. Together, let's empower our children to be advocates for kindness, empathy, and respect, ensuring that our schools are places where everyone can thrive.
Our advocacy will cover a range of topics around Bully Prevention and Using Your Voice, including:
- Understanding Bullying
- Communication and Reporting
- Empathy and Inclusion
- Cyberbullying and Prevention
The Halloween Carnival is a Service-Learning project that we will be putting on for the K-4 students on the afternoon of Halloween, 10-31 from 1:30 - 2:30.
The 5/6 POD will be creating Halloween Carnival games starting on 10/16. Ms. Charlie will be helping us organize this event. The students will be planning their games and if they need additional materials than what we have at Westgate, they may be asking for those items. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us.
Halloween Student Parties:
• We will be sending out a sign-up form to volunteer for food items for our party. Please note that we have severe nut allergies in the POD.
All food and drink donations for the festivities can be left at the front desk or brought into school by the students in the morning.
• All food and drink items must be individually wrapped.
Halloween Costume Expectations
Costume expectations for all students:
• No Masks
• No Full Face Paint (except what a student can apply themselves in the time they have to
get ready before class parties). Face paint may not be worn to school.
• No Weapons or anything that can be used as a weapon
• No inappropriate or offensive costumes – all body parts must be covered
• Students may NOT WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL.
All students will be given time to change into their Halloween costumes. Students will be in classes during the morning.