8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
for the first day of school.
Other Important dates and times:
Welcome Back Picnic - Sunday, July 31; 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Bring a bite to eat and connect with our community!
EB Rains Park- Northglenn- Sagebrush and Tumbleweed Pavilions (near the play area)
1/2 - Red
3/4 - Green
5/6 - Blue
7/8 - Grey
High School - Black
Back to School Night - Friday, August 5; 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Back to School High School Information Meeting - Friday, August 5; 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Register early! Class space is limited! Cost is $45 for First Quarter. Forms and payments can be placed in the dropbox in the lobby.
For Registration form please click here.
Classes begin the first week of school.
Tuesdays 7:00 a.m. - 4th - 6th grade
Wednesdays 7:00 a.m. - 7th - 12th grade
Thursdays 7:00 a.m. - Parents and Staff (You can register for child care with Champions!)
Child Care Available
The Happy and Gifted Unconference is a place where parents, educators, and researchers can come together and share experience and knowledge about meeting the emotional needs of young people who are recognized for exceptional gifts.
Everyone has gifts and there are obvious advantages to having those gifts recognized by parents, schools, and other institutions. However, there are emotional challenges that come with that recognition. A few examples:
- Identity: Am I defined by my gifts? How do others define me? How do I define myself?
- Social Integration: If I am exceptional, that means I'm an exception, different.
- Entitlement: I've gotten special treatment and now I expect it from everyone.
- Self-Criticism: If I don't succeed in everything then I'm a failure.
- Low Self-Esteem: Advanced development in one part of my life makes the areas where I'm still growing seem stunted or broken.
- Sensitivity: I have insight and comprehension beyond my ability to process the emotions that accompany that.
We will be using Open Space Technology as the unconference format, in which topics and the schedule are created by the attendees. The goal is to create the ability for attendees to share their experience and knowledge in the way that makes the most sense, rather than a preset structure.
Sign Up Here:
You can now log in to the parent portal from the www.adams12.org website.
When you get to the main screen, click on the orange help arrow and request an activation key. I believe the email you receive will walk you through the process. You can also click on the orange arrow towards the bottom of the page and you will see a link to a quick guide.