Lunch Ordering Instructions:
1. In order for your student to receive a hot lunch, orders must be placed using the links below. Although lunches are free this year, only students who have pre-ordered a lunch will receive a hot lunch.
2. Click on the links below to place an order for that week. Submit a separate order for each student.
3. Ordering closes at 9:00 PM on Monday for the following week.
Week of March 4 - ordering is closed, please send a lunch with your student if you missed the deadline.
Week of March 11 - ordering closes at 9:00 PM on March 4
Week of March 18 - ordering closes at 9:00 PM on March 11
Week of March 25 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Families who order lunches for their students will receive them for free for the 2023-2024 school year.
- However, it is important to our school and to the community to continue gathering income information in order to receive full access to federal funding. The funding goes directly back to Westgate to help cover the cost of meals and support the Westgate community.
- Families are encouraged to complete the Meal Benefits/Family Economic Data survey form online at: https://charterchoice.strataapps.com.
- Please note: Westgate does not partner with Adams 12 Five Star District for our meal program, so families will need to complete the online application through CharterChoice for your student to be eligible.
o If needed, paper applications are available for download in the content box on the left side of this page or you may request a paper application from the school.
If you have any questions about Free and Reduced Lunch, please contact our Business Office at [email protected] or call us at 303-452-0967.
- Please ensure that any changes made to the application are initialed. Any 'crossed out' changes must be initialed by the signer.
- Please ensure the completed application is signed.
All information provided is confidential and protected!
- Whiteout is NOT permitted. If whiteout is used, a new application must be completed for processing.
- Applicants must use black or blue PEN. If a paper application is filled out in pencil, it will be returned. If pencil is used, families must fill out a NEW application, they cannot just trace over their pencil.
- When any corrections are made; if made by the signer then they initial their correction or if corrected by collector then he/she must initial, date, and note with whom you spoke to regarding the correction.
- Income for ALL students and household members must be complete. All children’s income is put together in STEP 3 A. Please be sure that all income includes how often the person is receiving it.
- Complete student first and last name, school name and grade level.
- Frequency of pay must be complete, one box must be checked - monthly, bi-weekly (every other week eg: every other Friday), weekly, 2x month (eg: paid on the 1st and 15th), or annually.
- The signer must include his/her last 4 digits of his/her social security number or check the box “Check the following box if no SSN” if they have completed Step 3 (household and income information).
- The person filling out the application must sign, print name, and properly date the application.
- If household has a SNAP (food stamp)/TANF or FDPIR case # then they DO NOT need to fill out the income area or include a social security number, BUT the application must still be signed.
- Student and household members with the same name – no indication of two different people (middle
initial, Jr., Sr., etc.). The online application will flag the user if the parent/guardian and student names are exactly the same.
- Not including ALL household members. Please be sure to remind applicants that household members
include infants, grandparents, etc. Eligibility is based on total household size and total gross income. The
online application-if the household count entered by user doesn’t match the number of people entered by name on the application, they will be flagged.
- Signer not actually included in the Household list. The online application- the user will be flagged if the
signer name doesn’t match one of the household member’s information exactly.
- Missing last four digits of social security number or indication of no social security number on income