Science Week 3/15-3/19
This week students will be doing some deeper investigation on the continental drift
Part 1: (done during social studies time)
I can compare and investigate different kinds of rocks
- Compare and investigate rocks with the class
- Use "Rock Findings" to help you take notes
Part 2: (done during science time)
- Warm-up: List as many facts as you can about tectonic plates.
- Investigate tectonic plates with the class on BrainPOP
Warm-up: How could the world have looked different when dinosaurs roamed the earth? How did dinosaurs end up on different continents when we now have large oceans separating them?
- Complete the "Is Pangea real? Investigation"
- "What do you think happened?" worksheet
- Continental puzzle
- "Chart your findings" worksheet
- Warm-up: If California broke off of North America, would it be a new continent? Why or why not?
- Complete continental drift notes
- Complete 3/17 - Exit ticket